After completing my basic Diplomas in Exercise Science ( Fitness & Nutrition) while also conducting Group Classes and Personal Training, I continued to further my professional education by obtaining further professional multiple certifications from a number of Fitness Industry leading organizations. The list includes: ACE,ACSM, NASM,ISSA,IHP– USA; PTS – UK, to name a few.
In addition, I hold professional memberships with IDEA, NSCA– USA which also further provide me with the in-depth tools and training to help me better serve my clients and athletes to reach their goals in a truly substantive and comprehensive manner as possible.
As Self Defense Instructor after studying may arts as a hobby from younger days, ranging from Wing Tsun under a student of William Chung in Asia , Muay Thai (in Thailand at Sasipapa & 13 Coins studios), Medieval Sword fighting in (Leeds- UK),Sports & Classical Fencing under my French teacher (London), Traditional South Asian Martial Arts (Sri Lanka), Ninpo Taihen Jutsu under 10th dan student of Dr.H.Masaki (Japan) and finally found my true passion to be certified in KAPAP Israel CQB (Level 2) under the leadership of Maj. Avi Nardia thus finding the true blend of traditional Martial arts concepts adapted to the modern world. This service is offered as a value added benefit to my client base to protect themselves & their love ones.
Since 1996, I have helped my clients reach their goals,challenges in a specific time frame . My clients are diverse, and range from a variety of local professionals to international corporate executives, celebrities, diplomats, and professional models. Additionally, as these individuals have a wide range of goals and needs including (but not limited to): post-rehabilitation, those seeking weight/fat reduction, Pro-athletes seeking high performance , youth, teens, and others ranging in age from 9 years to 60+
In addition, from 2005-2008, I worked as the Strength and Conditioning Coach for Tennis with Sri Lanka Tennis Association (SLTA) handling Davis Cup and Fed Cup, professional youth and adult tennis players, as well as a wide range of Olympic/Paralympic athletes for 2008,2012,2016
I am also fortunate to be able to utilize my previous overseas professional experiences in both the United States (USA) and the United Kingdom (UK) training with worldwide renowned Fitness industry professionals that add further value to my existing client training & ongoing education
Over the years I have conducted many lectures and workshops for corporate clients, athletes, coaches covering fitness and conditioning and a published author check the link to my 1st book on (www.Tennisbpm.com) to educate fitness seekers in addition to publishing fitness articles, Tweets, Blogs, & YouTube Channel.
Below, please find a summary of my Fitness industry training and credentials, as well as my professional experience, and a sample of clients served:
Fitness Credentials & Business Experience
- Fitness Director, Co-founder OTONE – Colombo, Sri Lanka (2008-2014)
- Fitness Director, Co-founder VIPFITNESS – Colombo, Sri Lanka (2015-2016) visiting consultant to date
- Overseas Professional Experience: Training Program/Fitness industry in the United Kingdom (UK) and in the United States (USA), in multiple training sessions with Fitness Industry professionals (ongoing since 1998)
- Over 20 years professional experience conducting Personal Training, Group Fitness Training, Performance Training, Corporate Fitness Training, Workshops and Seminars for Personal Trainers, Coaches, and Athletes in Strength and Conditioning.
- Multiple Fitness Industry Certifications: Personal Training, Group Fitness, Strength and Conditioning, Performance Enhancement Training, Corrective Exercises, Exercise Therapy, Functional Training and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Conditioning,Performance Nutrition , Rekii (level 2) healing, KAPAP (Level2) – Self Defense
- Self Defense KAPAP (Level 2) – www.Avinardia.com
- Rekii healing (Level 2)
- Founder and Managing Director: Live Fit Centres Pvt. Ltd. – www.Livefitonline.com
- Inventor: Fitness Equipment (patent pending)
- Tennis BPM (Body Performance Matrix) – www.TennisBPM.com & Tennis Fitness Certification
(1) Book: Tennis Fitness – TennisBPM (Body Performance Matrix) – Click here to buy book on amazon
- (2) Articles, publications & blogs: Press & Articles
(3) YouTube Channel
INTERNATIONAL CLIENT BASE
- Multinational clients from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, France, Japan, Switzerland, Denmark, China, Turkey, Thailand, Holland, Singapore, Malaysia, the Maldives, South Africa, Italy, and Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, in a variety of local and international settings.
- Worked as regional Fitness consultant for IGLOBAL Fitness UK
- Mentored & trained under many international Fitness / Martial art mentors & instructors
- Conducted many training programs for ITF (International Tennis Federation) Coach education, Presentations etc.
- Participant and training athletes for Beijing 2008 and London 2012,RIO 2016 Paralympics/Olympics games and other International sporting events. Click here to read more
- Extreme athletes competing for record certification in the Guinness book of records. Click here to read more
- Training Pro Athletes for Tennis, Base Ball, Cricket, Martial Arts, Miss World pageant, Mr. International and other modeling contracts, with Celebrity & VIP clients
Train Hard, Train Smart!
Ranil Harshana BS
D. Fitness & Nutrition
Certified: BS, DFN, ACE(CPT,CGFT), ACSM(CPT), ISSA(CSSC,SET,SPN), NASM(PES,CES,MMASC), IHP(FTS) – USA, PTS(UK), KAPAP (level 2) -ANA, Rekii (Level 2) with over 20years of experience
Member: ACSM, NSCA, IDEA
Creator of TennisBPM® – Tennis Body Performance Matrix
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, disability, age, etc. All are welcome.